DR rebuild- Data restore issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Mahesh.G
      Participant

Hi Experts,

While doing DR rebuild ( physical standby ), after restoring standby controlfile in DR location, i am getting below error while restoring

database. I took backup through RMAN ( hotbackup ) from primary database.

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================

RMAN-03002: failure of restore command at 03/10/2010 11:58:32

RMAN-06026: some targets not found – aborting restore

RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 28 found to restore

RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 27 found to restore

I tried the below options :-

1. Duplicate command :- while using duplicate command also i got the same error

2. ” catalog backuppiece ” of all backup pieces copied from primary database.

3. I used restore with set until time option also but no luck.

In all cases i got same error. How can i restore primary database backup in DR ? Pls help.

Mahesh

animesh
      Participant

Can you please provide step by step process you have followed.

The error suggest that the datafile 27 and 28 is not there in the backup piece.

++ crosscheck backup

Check the below link for complete steps for standby setup.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/create_ps.htm#i67520

Animesh

sunkkuma
      Participant

you can also use ” list backup by datafile <datafile_no> ” to check if there are any backups available for a datafile

Saurabh Sood

Have you taken the backup of archivelogs when you issued the rman backup?

If not, then switch the logfile and make backup of archivelogs with your datafile backups, and try the restore again.

The backup script should look like:

backup format ‘/u01/PROD/df_t%t_s%s_p%p’ database;

sql ‘alter system archive log current’;

backup format ‘/u01/PROD/al_t%t_s%s_p%p’ archivelog all;

Mahesh.G
      Participant

Sorry for the delay in replying..

Yes. Yesterday we identified by using list backup command that backuppieces are expiered status. Then i realized that control file (standby) has been backed after backup is taken.

So i believe there is mismatch there. I already taken standby control file backup and database backup at once and copying in DR location. I will keep you posted once i am done.

Thanks,

Mahesh.G
      Participant

Hi,

I still see the same errors even after taking control file and datafiles backup at a time. In alert log i found below error which is causing this issue.

Please help me in understanding the issue and best solution for the problem. alert log shows the below errors..

Fri Mar 12 06:25:56 2010

The input backup piece /backup/ora_backup/gll88kta_9_1 is in compressed format.

Error validating file dummy (5) in piece /backup/ora_backup/gll88kta_9_1: missing header

Error validating file dummy (15) in piece /backup/ora_backup/gll88kta_9_1: missing header

Error validating file dummy (14) in piece /backup/ora_backup/gll88kta_9_1: missing header

Error validating file dummy (27) in piece /backup/ora_backup/gll88kta_9_1: missing header

Error validating file dummy (10) in piece /backup/ora_backup/gll88kta_9_1: missing header

Error validating file dummy (12) in piece /backup/ora_backup/gll88kta_9_1: missing header

Mahesh.G

Omar
      Participant

Check if you are using same Rman executable version for backup and restore. If not try using same version.

Saurabh Sood

Please update the complete backup script that you are using to take backup

Amit Bansal
      Keymaster

Download demo ost recovery software to convert .OST files to .PST file. Saved .PST file can be accessed with MS Outlook with other save options including .EML and .MSG which can be accessed with Outlook Express and MS Outlook.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.