CPU patch and catcpu.sql

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      daniesh
      Participant

Hi ,

I know that I can found this answer on website also however want to clear some of my doubts related to CPU patch and catcpu.sql. I need to know when we need to apply the cpu patch why we need to execute the script catcpu.sql after applying the cpu patch. we catpu.sql when we migrate the database from 9.2.0.6 to some other 9i version.

can you please help me in clearing my doubts.

Thanks and Regards,

Daniesh

Saurabh Sood

Daniesh,

1. Please read the folowing link for CPU patches. It will tell you when to apply patch:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/alerts.htm

2. catcpu.sql is not needed after you upgrade databases to higher versions.

If you are upgrading you need to run catupgrd.sql

Cheers!!!!!

Saurabh Sood

daniesh
      Participant

Hi,

while upgrading from 9i to some other other 9i version we need to execute catcpu.sql script. when we upgrade from lower version to 10g at that we execute catupgrd.sql script.

daniesh
      Participant

Hi,

Sorry for the last post.

Actually while upgrading in the first case, we have to start the database in startup migrate mode. however we have to execute the catupgrd.sql script.

why we need catcpu.sql script.

Thanks,

Daniesh

Amit Bansal
      Keymaster

Daniesh,

I would say it’s a question which never came to my mind. This is my understanding from the captcpu.sql notes.

Catcpu.sql inturn calls a script called catbundle.sql which is located under $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin

This script will load sql files in database by looking in bundledata_CPU.xml for file information for particular patch. It will be creating a dynamic apply sql file and run it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Amit

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.